Organizational change leader with a record of successfully delivering on the business transformation objectives of all parties; stakeholders, developers, customers and employees, from inception to delivery. Skilled Project Manager directing team members to transform complex applications and concepts into effective, efficient business processes, and provide the tools necessary to become proficient using technology. Experienced at facilitating interactions between software developers and users through engaging analysis dialog, demonstration, design and testing in the creation of usable technology. Background in both public and commercial sector initiatives including; tax, education, finance, insurance, banking and transportation industries.
Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
CGI Group, Inc., 2009 – Present
Organizational Change Management Lead – Natural Resource Permitting Project
- Created the organizational change management strategy, standards and approach for the Change Management Office of this natural resource sector transformation initiative impacting 6 ministries in the province of British Columbia.
- Author of the change management standards for a portfolio of 17 projects using Agile/Lean Change approach.
- Analyze change impacts and readiness using appreciative inquiry, SCARF Analysis and other neuroscience based techniques across the sector.
- Mentored, coached and supported senior leaders, project managers and staff on organizational change best practices, co-design, SCRUM framework, organizational design, business process re-engineering, etc.
Senior Organizational Change Manager – WorkSafeBC
- Project was a transformation initiative within the IT department which is implementing Software as a Service (SaaS) and a new Application Lifecycle Management process.
- Develop change management plan and related deliverables for WorkSafeBC.
- Create and implement both strategic and tactical organizational change management activities including developing and delivering communication and training plans, sponsor coaching, change readiness assessments, resistance management, stakeholder analysis and change impact assessments.
Training Specialist – Ministry of Advanced Education
- Responsible for developing a training needs analysis in support of transitioning student loans processes to cloud services
- Interviewed staff across impacted department documenting skills and knowledge gaps
- Documented changes in business processes in additional to technical skills needing to be trained and/or communicated
- Identified appropriate training modalities per role and learning objective (video, self-paced, classroom or job-aid)
- Developed a training needs analysis report and high-level project plan to complete training deliverables
Organizational Change/Communications Consulting – BC Natural Resources Sector
- Project is a transformation initiative for multiple organizations within the sector.
- Develop communications plan and deliverables for Wildfire Management Branch
- Create and implement both strategic and tactical organizational change management activities including developing and delivering change management, training plans, sponsor roadmaps, stakeholder expectations management, change readiness assessments, resistance management, stakeholder analysis and change impact assessments.
Organizational Change /Project Manager – InterWrap, Inc.
- Project was a requirements and organizational analysis for the implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning application at a multinational manufacturer.
- Conducted change impact analysis of key stakeholders and a human resource impact assessment to assess readiness of organization to adopt change.
- Performed change impact and characteristics assessment for proposed ERP implementation.
- Developed management plan to mitigate anticipated areas of resistance.
- Managed project budget, project tasks, client expectations and internal and sub-contractor resources to completion of analysis phase of project.
- Presented technical and change analysis findings, implementation project roadmap and proposed budget to senior executives.
Senior Organizational Change Manager – Sask Energy/TransGas
- Project was a lifecycle upgrade of key systems and management consulting to improve IT service delivery and organizational effectiveness.
- Developed a custom process adopted by the project management office and senior leadership to integrate both change and project management into a unified methodology.
- Created an enterprise level change roadmap then oversaw the integration of this unified approach on both current and planned IT projects.
- Coached senior leaders on benefits realization processes, project and change management integration, effective organizational communication strategies and the responsibilities of executive sponsorship.
- Conducted both strategic and tactical organizational change management activities including developing and delivering change management, training and communications plans, sponsor roadmaps, stakeholder expectations management, change readiness assessments, resistance management, stakeholder analysis and change impact assessments.
- Partner with mid-level management teams to identify opportunities to improve business management processes within the organization including providing recommendations on resource allocation and skills assessment, gap analysis and improving workflow processes.
- Mentor and train junior consultants and client staff in the use of industry best practice methodologies, tools, techniques and templates in support of business transformation initiatives across the enterprise.
Senior Consultant – North Carolina Department of Revenue – 2009-2011
- Project to successfully integrate new tax management systems.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Perform analysis with business stakeholders to identify needs, define business process issues, analyze operational efficiencies, develop creative learning objectives and effectively measure results of knowledge transfer.
- Develop training and support approaches for complex projects, obtain buy-in for these approaches with clients and project executives then evaluate effectiveness and modify as needed.
- Manage e-learning/ILT project consisting of technical documentation and e-learning, operating procedures, train-the-trainer content, user guides and job aids.
- Mentor, train and coach junior instructional designers in the ADDIE model of instructional design, adult learning theory and IT Training production processes.
- Perform system integration testing of applications and processes to ensure functional and business expectations are met.
Independent Consultant 2008- 2011
Instructional Design – North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- ELearning development project integrating computer based training for the North Carolina Immunization Registry.
- Provided instructional design services to develop elearning content, track skill mastery, evaluate proficiency and create communications strategy for health care providers in the state.
Usability – North Carolina State University – College of Education
- Analysis of data collected in a study designed to test whether teachers could teach school standard content in a virtual learning environment and drafting summary report of findings for presentation to the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Creation of help content and analysis of user interface issues when leveraging adult learning applications used to build virtual worlds including Activeworlds, Linden Lab’s Second Life and Valve Software’s Half-Life 2 game engines.
- Conducted usability testing, focus groups and one-on-one interviews with both pre-service and in-service teachers to document, build and test the wireframes used to provide recommendations to the application development team.
ING Advisors Network, 2000 – 2009
Usability Strategist 2004 – 2009
- Developed solutions to usability issues in the company’s web based applications and provided recommendations to executive management on usability best practices.
- Spear-headed usability as a best practice in the organization then integrated it as a core competency in the software development life cycle by fostering strong relationships with senior executives.
- Managed all application usability projects leading to a 20% improvement in customer satisfaction scores in 2007-2008.
- Approved over 50 enhancements to ING web applications, serving as Business Sponsor reviewing functional requirements, and providing guidance, support and direction to developers and executive sponsors of features.
- Developed interaction design requirements for web applications and portals successfully utilized by 8,000+ independent financial advisers.
- Facilitated usability testing with financial advisers and planners, reported on results then created user interface business requirements.
Training Project Manager – 2000-2004
- Managed business transformation projects for approximately 8,000 full-time employees and independent financial advisers.
- Applied a structured change management approach and methodology for the people side of change caused by projects and change efforts.
- Oversaw sourcing and managed third party training resources including contract management, oversight of vendor deliverables, primary point of contact, ensured all vendor deliverables were on time and on budget.
- Business Sponsor for online training portal including oversight and approval of portal features and functions.
- Developed and editing content for internal and external marketing campaigns to support organizational transformation and drive stakeholder buy-in.
- Managed e-learning projects for online learning systems including creation of standard operating procedures, train-the-trainer content and ongoing support for virtual training as a Microsoft Live Meeting Administrator.
- Developed course materials and conducted both classroom, one-on-one and web-based training for 8,000+ home office staff members and financial advisers that resulted in 93% adoption rates for web applications and portals.
- Created storyboards, wrote scripts, performed voiceover and produced videos for more than 100 different recruiting, marketing and technology streaming web casts and CD-ROMs as well as performances at live events.
Consultant, 1998 – 2000
Trained and supported individuals and groups on business processes, proprietary and custom applications, operating systems and Internet skills.
- Performed needs and cost assessment analysis for both government and private sector enabling organizations to select the most appropriate training solution for their needs.
- Provided training support for proprietary software applications resulting in a deeper understanding and skillful use of technology by training participants.
Public Storage, Inc., 1996-1998
- Managed six member staff on the implementation of nationwide training for new division of Public Storage, Inc.
- Supported and supervised new trainees through mentoring, observation, and feedback.
- Developed a 10-day call center agent training covering all aspects of corporate policy, procedures and culture resulting in the successful training of approximately 700 call center sales agents to improve service delivery.
- Trained 200 warehouse employees on inventory control, customer database and delinquent tenant tracking software to successfully operate the Pickup & Delivery business unit.
- Created materials for and facilitated workshops in sales, customer service, inventory control, delinquent tenant tracking software, performance appraisal, new-hire orientation and management development.
Education And Certifications
- BS, Business Management, University of Phoenix, Costa Mesa, CA, 2005
- Prosci Change Management Certification – 2011
- CompTIA A+ Certification – 2004
- Nielsen Norman Group Usability Training – 2008
- Founding Member Association of Change Management Professionals, Victoria, British Columbia Chapter, 2013
- Founding Member Regina Organizational Change Management Practice Group, 2011-2013
- Triangle Radio Reading Service, 2009 – 2011
- Triangle Usability Professionals Association, 2008 – 2011
- Breast Cancer 3-Day Fundraiser and Walker, 2004
- Board Member, National Academy of Finance, Juan Cabrillo High School, Long Beach, CA, 2003 – 2004
- Webmaster, H.E.L.P. Senior Legal Services, 2001